Vegan Strawberry Ice Cream Pretzel Pie! Gluten-free cracker crust with a very easy, self-made dairy-free cashew ice cream and fresh strawberries!
Jump to Recipe Publish Recipe.
Vegan Strawberry Gelato Cracker Pie! Gluten-free cracker crust with an easy, homemade dairy-free cashew gelato as well as fresh strawberries!
Vegan Strawberry Ice Cream Pretzel Pie! Gluten-free cracker crust with a simple, homemade dairy-free cashew gelato and also fresh strawberries!
This blog post was developed in collaboration with Glutino.
MORE RECIPE MOTIVATION.
The Best Gluten-Free Delicious Chocolate Chip Cookies.
If you’re searching for a creamy, dreamy summer dessert that is also gluten and also dairy-free look no further!
This Vegan Strawberry Gelato Cracker Pie is the best point I have actually made all summer season!
This pie has a crisp cracker crust topped with a luscious vanilla vegan ice cream as well as a high pile of sweetened fresh strawberries.
The combination of sweet, salted as well as luscious is irresistible! This pie likewise makes a stunning presentation but is covertly very easy to make.
Cracker crusts are so simple to make and absolutely nothing defeats the wonderful as well as salty mix. This is a summertime spin on that pie!
Making homemade vegan gelato is delicious as well as less complicated than it appears.
I make use of a mix of soaked cashews, coconut milk and also coconut oil for the base of this gelato and the outcome is an astonishingly velvety abundant gelato.
The flavor of the gelato goes flawlessly with fresh strawberries. In fact, straightforward homemade cashew cream poured over fresh strawberries is just one of my very favored healthy summer season treats.
This dessert takes that mix to an entire brand-new level.
Bring this treat to a summertime dinner for you gluten-free, dairy-free guests and the whole party will like it!
My dairy-eating family members could not obtain enough of the gelato filling.
You might additionally cover with pie with any mix of berries you like. Add a couple of blackberries for a patriotic spin!
FOR THE CRUST:
- 5 1/2 ounces Glutino Gluten-Free Pretzels (crush slightly to fit in the measuring cup if measuring instead of weighing), about 3 1/2 cups
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons vegan butter, melted
FOR THE ICE CREAM:
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews, soaked for 4-6 hours in cool water, or 1 hour in very hot water, then drained
- 13.5- oz can coconut milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- pinch sea salt
FOR THE SWIRL/TOPPING:
- 1 pound strawberries, diced
- organic cane sugar to taste, optional
Saturate the cashews for 4-6 hrs in trendy water at space temperature level or 1 hr in very hot water. Drain and also allot.
MAKE THE CRUST
- Preheat the stove to 350F. Gently grease a 9-inch pie plate with food preparation spray.
- The area the crackers in a Ziploc and also crush right into really little items. Pour into a dish and also add the brown sugar and also vegan butter. Mix to incorporate.
- Pour into the prepared frying pan and also press right into an also layer. Bake for 10-12 minutes until toasted. Let cool for 15-20 mins prior to filling.
- MAKE THE STRAWBERRY ICE CREAM
- Area all the active ingredients for the ice cream (consisting of the soaked cashews) in a high-speed blender. Mix till entirely smooth.
- Refrigerate the blend for 1 hr (or up to overnight) till chilled.
- Construct your chilled ice cream manufacturer and also gather the chilled gelato batter. Spin up until luscious and also thick like soft serve.
- Scoop the gelato into the ready crust and also smooth. Cover securely as well as freeze for 4-5 hours or up until firm. Prior to scooping, laid out for 10-15 mins to soften.
- Leading the pie with the diced, sweetened strawberries. Cut and also delight in!
- This pie is finest served the day it’s made. Leftovers can be stored in the fridge freezer yet the crust might not be as crisp the following day.