This Vegan Pecan Pie tastes extremely comparable to the kind my grandmother used to make, but this set is normally sweetened without making use of corn syrup.
I’m surprised by exactly how well the filling up collections, without making use of eggs!
What is Pecan Pie Made With?
I desired this pie to be as healthy as feasible, without sacrificing the preference or appearance.
I included dates in the filling, to assist include some structure and all-natural sweetness, however, I likewise used a little maple syrup to improve the flavor.
Adding the liquid sweetener assists to “loosen up” the loading to ensure that it does not have the structure of a day round.
Exactly How to Sweeten Vegan Pecan Pie with Dates
I checked this recipe numerous times due to the fact that I couldn’t determine how many dates were the “best” quantity for this pie. I landed on the dish listed below, which uses a 1:1 proportion of dates to maple syrup.
I also checked this recipe making use of only 1/2 cup of dates + 1 mug of syrup, and delighted in the outcomes– yet my testers thought the taste had not been quite as genuine since the maple taste was a little much heavier.
I share this simply in case you’re short on days for this dish and also wish to try it in this way rather!
- 1 unbaked vegan pie crust
- 3/4 cup medjool dates , pitted (about 6 ounces)
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 1 1/2 cups pecan halves , divided
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
1. Preheat your oven to 350ºF as well as press your unbaked pie crust in a 9-inch frying pan. (You can use an unbaked shop acquired crust if you such as.).
2. In a mixer fitted with an “S” blade (or in a high-speed mixer), integrate the days, maple syrup, flax seeds, 1/2 mug of the pecans, and the salt. Refine until the dates are broken down and you have a reasonably smooth batter.
3. Put 3/4 cup of the pecan cuts in half into the pie crust as well as spread them out uniformly. Put the batter over the pecans and use a spatula to smooth it uniformly. Top the pecan pie loaded with the continuing to be 1/4 mug of pecans– I such as to crush them in between my fingers and spray them over the top to make sure that the little items are evenly dispersed.
4. Place the pie in the stove to bake at 350ºF for 45 mins. When it’s done baking the top should look drier as well as the edges of the filling up will certainly be firm to a light touch.
5. Allow the pie to cool completely, for a minimum of 2 hours. You can put it in the fridge to speed up the procedure if you wish to. Slice the pie and serve chilled or at area temperature level.
6. The leftover pie should be covered and can be saved on the counter for up to 3 days, or in the refrigerator for approximately a week.
- If you’re attempting to enjoy your sugar intake, I’m thinking a sugar-free syrup would probably work as a swap for the actual kind. I do not make use of zero-calorie sugar myself, so please leave a comment below if you offer this a shot!
- As I pointed out above, this recipe likewise collaborated with 1/2 cup of dates (4 ounces) + 1 mug of syrup, if you want to perform. You can use much less maple syrup for a less-sweet pie if you like. I was trying to get it as close to the real point as feasible!
- You can likewise add a splash of vanilla extract if you are such as. I tried 1/2 teaspoon and also 1 teaspoon in numerous test batches and really felt that the vanilla taste was overwhelming, so I prefer it without.